The presentation and advertising of Products in our Website does not constitute a binding offer to conclude a purchase agreement. 2.2
The Buyer may select Products from the Seller’s range of goods, particularly clothing, shoes and fashion items in the desired style, colour and size, and place these into a “shopping cart” by clicking on the “add to cart” button. 2.3
As soon as the Buyer has finished selecting the contents for the shopping cart, they can continue by clicking on the button “proceed”.
- They are firstly taken to an overview of the goods in the shopping cart with their properties, price and the delivery time.
- After clicking on the button “proceed”, the Buyer types in their invoice address, and if the delivery address differs from the invoice address, also gives the desired delivery address. In the further checkout process, the buyer can also choose alternative shipping destinations (Pick Up Point, G-Star Store).
- After clicking on the “proceed to delivery” button, the Buyer can choose from three alternative despatch destinations: o The Buyer can arrange for the shipment to be delivered to a G-Star Store from which the Buyer can pick up the goods after delivery to this store; o The Buyer can arrange for the shipment to be delivered to a pick-up point from which the Buyer can pick up the goods after delivery to this pick-up point; o The Buyer can give a shipping address of their choice (such as their home address) to which the goods are to be delivered.
- After selecting the shipping method and the specific address of the specific G-Star Store or pick-up point, the Buyer can continue with the ordering process by clicking on the “proceed to secure payment” button.
The Buyer can then choose between the following payment methods:
- Credit card: With this payment method the Buyer must enter the corresponding credit card information. By clicking on the “pay” button the Buyer then submits a legally binding order. This “pay” button will only work if the General Terms and Conditions of the Seller have previously been approved by checking the box next to the information concerning these General Terms and Conditions. Before clicking the “pay” button the Buyer can cancel the order at any
- time, change the contents of the order by removing existing goods from and/or adding new products to the shopping cart, and change the shipping address and payment method. We would point out that, with this payment method, the placing of the binding order and payment take place simultaneously.
- Immediate bank transfer: with this payment method the Buyer submits a legally binding order by clicking on the “pay” button. This “pay” button will only work if the General Terms and Conditions of the Seller have previously been approved by checking the box next to the information concerning these General Terms and Conditions. Before clicking the “pay” button the Buyer can cancel the order at any time, change the contents of the order by removing existing goods from and/or adding new products to the shopping cart, and change the shipping address and payment method. Once they have clicked on the “pay” button, the Buyer will be redirected to the website of the external provider to make payment.
- PayPal: with this payment method the Buyer submits a legally binding order by clicking on the “pay” button. This “Buy now” button will only work if the General Terms and Conditions of the Seller have previously been approved by checking the box next to the information concerning these General Terms and Conditions. Before clicking the “pay” button the Buyer can cancel the order at any time, change the contents of the order by removing existing goods from and/or adding new products to the shopping cart, and change the shipping address and payment method. Once they have clicked on the “pay” button, the Buyer will be redirected to the PayPal website to make payment.
An agreement only comes into existence once the Seller has accepted the order, either by means of a declaration of acceptance or by delivering the ordered Product. The Seller shall immediately confirm the receipt of the Order which the Buyer has placed via the Website in an e-mail to the Buyer. Such an e-mail does not yet constitute a binding acceptance of the Order unless, besides the confirmation of receipt, it also contains a statement of acceptance. 2.6
The Seller reserves the right to refuse the Order placed by the Buyer or suspend the Buyers account in the following cases:
- if the total value of the Order exceeds the sum specified in the payment section of the FAQs;
- if the information submitted by the Buyer is false and/or incomplete, or if the Seller can reasonably question its veracity;
- if due payment by the Seller does not take place immediately after placing the Order by clicking on the button “Buy now”;
- if the Buyer has already failed to fulfill their payment obligations towards the Seller in the past;
- if the Buyer has refused to accept and/or failed to collect any orders which they have placed with the Seller in the past;
- if there is an obvious or processing error in the prices given on the Website; or
- if the desired delivery address is not located in Ireland;
- if any activity from the Buyers account appears fraudulent or suspicious.
The Seller shall notify the Buyer as soon as possible if an Order is not accepted. In such a case, any payments which have already made by the Buyer shall be immediately refunded. 2.8
The Order, the confirmation of the Order by the Seller, as well as the Data Protection Directive and the Conditions of Use of the Website published on the Website, and these General Terms and Conditions, constitute the entire Agreement between the Buyer and the Seller with regard to the use of the Website and the placing and carrying out of an order. 2.9
After the Buyer has clicked on the “Pay” button, thereby placing a legally binding Order, they are taken to a payment page in accordance with their chosen payment method. On that page, the Buyer completes the appropriate fields in order to carry out the payment and then authorises the payment. 5.1
Users who conclude a long-distance transaction have a legal right of withdrawal from purchasing the Product. 5.2
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this Agreement within a term of fourteen days without giving reasons.
The withdrawal period is fourteen days from the date on which you, or a third party named by you, who is not the promoter, take possession of the Products, or (in the case of an Agreement governing several Products which you ordered in one single Order and which were delivered separately), the last Product to be delivered, or (in the case of an Agreement governing the delivery of a Product in several part-deliveries or pieces), the last part-delivery or the last piece to be delivered.
To exercise your right of withdrawal you must inform us at the email, address or phone as stated at the top of this page by means of a clear declaration (e.g. by sending letter by post, telefax or e-mail), of your decision to withdraw from the Agreement. To do this, you can use the Specimen Withdrawal Form attached as Appendix 1, although this is not mandatory.
To adhere to the deadline for returning the Product, it suffices to send the notification exercising your right of withdrawal prior to the expiration of the withdrawal period for returning Products.
The consequences of withdrawal
If you withdraw from the Agreement, we shall be obliged to refund all payments that we have received from you, including the delivery costs (with the exception of any additional costs incurred due to your having chosen a different type of delivery to the low-cost standard delivery that we offer), promptly and within a term of fourteen days from the date on which we receive the notification of your withdrawal from the Agreement. To carry out the refund, we will use the same payment method as that used by you in the original transaction, unless a different agreement has been expressly concluded with you; you will never, under any circumstances, be subject to any charges due to this refund.
We can refuse to refund your payment until we receive the returned Product from you, or until you provide proof that you have sent the Product back to us, depending on which of the two takes place first.
You shall send back, or hand over, the Product to us without delay and at all events within, at the latest, a term of fourteen days from the date on which you send us written notification of withdrawal from the Agreement to the following address: G-Star Warehouse CBW, Casablancaweg 9, 1047 HP Amsterdam, Netherlands. The withdrawal period will be observed if you dispatch the Product before the term of fourteen days has expired. We shall bear the shipping cost of sending Products back to us.
You will only have to pay the cost of any loss of value of the Product provided the said loss of value can be ascribed to unnecessary modes of handling the Product in order to test its quality, features and way of functioning.
Exceptions in which the right of withdrawal does not apply:
You do not have a legal right of withdrawal for long-distance contracts concerning the following:
- the delivery of Products which are not ready-made, and which have been manufactured in accordance with a decisive individual choice or decision made by the Consumer, or which are especially tailored to the personal requirements of the Consumer, and/or,
- the delivery of sealed Products which are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene, in cases where their seal has been removed after delivery,
- END OF WITHDRAWAL POLICY – 5.3
We like to draw your attention to the Withdrawal Form which you can find at the bottom of this page in attachment 1. This form merely represents an option for notifying us of withdrawal, but its use for that purpose is not compulsory.