G-Star began in Amsterdam in 1989 based on a deep respect for the qualities of raw denim and the simple philosophy of ‘Just the product’. Thanks to this unique brand identity, G-Star has grown rapidly and is now available in more than 80 countries worldwide, sells more than 22 million items annually and surpasses 1 billion US$ in annual turnover.
In the hyper-competitive world of fashion retail, G-Star stores stand apart as sought after brand experiences and highly profitable ventures. This is due in part to the innovative product selection and in part to the full service Retail Solutions department that stands behind every G-Star store owner.
The Retail department offers various retails solutions tailored to a wide range of retail environments and target audiences across the globe. With their personalised approach and years of experience, setting up a G-Star store is simple, streamlined and reliable. Follow the 3 steps and apply to open your own store today.
STEP 1: Watch the video below to learn more about our franchise concept. Afterwards, please read through the frequently asked questions (FAQ) section below to answer any queries you may have.
STEP 2: In consideration of the FAQ, decide whether or not you fit the profile of a G-Star Partner.
STEP 3: If you do fit the profile, apply to open your own G-Star store by completing our short online form.
Frequently Asked questions
- Are there special requirements for a G-Star Store location?
Yes, there are special requirements for a G-Star Store location.
- The location needs to be commercially interesting with good traffic to maximize sales opportunities.
- G-Star prefers the location to be 200 m2 or more.
- The location needs to meet technical requirements as well. You will be informed about these requirements later in the opening process.
- The entire store will be built within the G-Star Raw DNA.
- The G-Star RAW brand name must be on the façade.
- The store will be equipped with a complete set of store functionalities such as a denim wall for both men and women, a seasonal area, a community area, fitting rooms, a cash desk with an advanced system and secured internet connection, music updates and in-store branding devices.
- G-Star expects the retailer to be a qualified partner who operates in a responsible manner.
- What are the average investment costs for a G-Star store?
The average investment for a G-Star store is between 1,600€-2,500€ per m² for furniture, materials and construction work. You will also be investing in the G-Star collection and the operational costs of the store.
- Will I need to bring in personal capital?
G-Star expects a new prospect to bring in at least 20% personal capital based on the overall investment for the G-Star store.
- Will I receive support from G-Star?
Yes, G-Star will support you in the following ways:
- You will receive support regarding store design and a special opening package from headquarters.
- Operational support will be given after the opening via a Customer Support office (Local and HQ).
- You will receive 10 different seasonal windows and in-store VM plans, in line with the worldwide G-Star marketing calendar.
- G-Star HQ will exclusively provide Marketing and communication tools.
- And last but not least, G-Star will provide you with buying directions on key styles.
- What is the timeline for the opening of a G-Star Store?
A unique flagship concept of a modern denim store, implemented on a street location or a shopping mall has a lead-time of 4 to 6 months. The concept will be created by a team of professional designers and project management experts.
- What are the benefits of opening up a G-Star Store?
- You will become an ambassador of the G-Star Brand.
- You will work with an attractive concept for a broad range of consumers.
- You will be able to benefit of the expertise of >350 open franchise stores around the world.
- You will be supported in your daily operational activities by a local customer support office.
- Is there a possibility to buy G-Star for my Multi brand store or online shop?
Yes, if you are interested in buying the G-Star collection for your own Multi Brand store or online shop, please fill in the request form and mark the applicable category Multi Brand or E-commerce (online). We will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Which information is required to be evaluated for the possible opening of a G-Star Store?
The following elements are mandatory:
- Your business resume /Curriculum vitae
- A business plan proposal
- A detailed motivation
- Information on available capital
- How do I apply for a job at G-Star?
To apply for a job at G-Star please click here.
- Where can I find a G-Star store in my region?
To find a G-Star store in your region please click here.
- How do I become a G-Star Member?
To find out how to become a G-Star Member, please click here.