G-Star Raw eStore B.V. and its group companies (G-Star) consider the protection of your privacy and safety very important.
When you visit this website, place an order, subscribe for the newsletter, ask us a question or participate in a contest or survey on this website, we ask you to submit, among other things, your name, address, bank and/or payment details. G-Star will use these data for the following purposes:
- to provide and invoice our services;
- to process your order and to inform you on its progress;
- to provide you with information on G-Star’s organisation, products and activities;
- to provide information to third parties if this is necessary for them to be able to perform their work for G-Star or by virtue of any legal obligations;
- to answer any questions you may have.
- to create your G-Star membership account so you are eligible for free shipping;
- to send you special offers and/or newsletters by e-mail, text message and/or regular mail concerning the G-Star membership;
- to link your email address with your preferred G-Star Store;
- to create offers that are in line with your preferences and purchases.
- to provide you with information on the results of prize contests.
The G-Star membership is the loyalty program for customers of G-Star Stores. If you are at least 18 years, you can register as a member for free in a G-Star Store or via g-star.com. Your G-Star membership email address entitles you to receive free shipping of purchases made on g-star.com. You agree to receive special offers, newsletters by e-mail, regular mail and/or text message from G-Star concerning G-Star products and G-Star activities, including invitations to special events. If you no longer wish to receive these, you may terminate your membership to the G-Star membership at any time by notifying G-Star via the unsubscribe link in the newsletter footer.
You have the right to inspect the data recorded by G-Star concerning you at any time. If (part of) these data are incorrect, you may request G-Star to adjust, supplement, remove or screen those data. Please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail: G-Star Raw eStore B.V., Joan Muyskenweg 39, 1114 AN Amsterdam, the Netherlands. If you do not wish to receive any marketing information on G-Star, its organisation or its products, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser on your computer, mobile or other handheld device, while you are browsing a website. Cookies may be used to store your passwords and user ID’s, preferences of start pages, ordering status on a website, personalisation or website tracking (eg targeted marketing). The information stored in a cookie may later be read from your browser in order to –among other functions- deliver a page tailored to you or to automatically log in. Personal information can only be stored in a cookie if you yourself have provided the website that places the cookie with that personal information.
- for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalize your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website;
- to collect statistical information about the number of visitors that use our website through the link in the email newsletters, to measure the success of the newsletters;
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns;
- to enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website; and
- to make relevant offers to you outside of the g-star.com website.
Cookies used on this website
Session cookies and Persistent cookies
G-Star.com uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify you. These cookies are stored in temporary memory and are erased when you close the web browser. Persistent cookies may collect information about you, such as web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific website. These cookies are stored on your hard drive until they expire or until you delete them.
First and Third party cookies
Both session cookies and persistent cookies are used by G-Star and third parties on this website.
Cookies placed by G-Star are called first party cookies and are used for various purposes, for example to remember the username and to remember the items in a basket. Cookies placed by a different party than G-Star, are called third party cookies. These cookies may “follow” you through various websites and various devices, such as your phone, laptop or tablet, and for a longer period of time., These cookies do not collect personal data from which the third party would be able to identify you, the individual customer. The third parties placing these cookies may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our website, companies that participate with us in affiliate marketing programs and other third parties. You can turn off cookies from our third-party Criteo at http://www.criteo.com/privacy/, under the heading ‘ User Choices’.
Social media plugins
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/#
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
- Tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/policy/en/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Pinterest: http://about.pinterest.com/privacy/
- YouTube: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Google+: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
How to change your cookie settings
SECURING PERSONAL DATA
G-Star ensures an appropriate degree and method of securing personal data. Therefore, G-Star aims at having data transmitted safely between your computer and our server. G-Star has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of illegal processing.
G-STAR AND OTHER WEBSITES
This privacy statement may be changed as a result of any adjustments and/or changes to the website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement on a regular basis.
Version January 2014