Open a G-Star Store FAQ
- ARE THERE SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR A G-STAR STORE LOCATION?
Yes, there are special requirements for a G-Star Store location.
- The location needs to be commercially interesting with good traffic to maximize sales opportunities.
- G-Star prefers the location to be 200 m2 or more.
- The location needs to meet technical requirements as well. You will be informed about these requirements later in the opening process.
- The entire store will be built within the G-Star Raw DNA.
- The G-Star RAW brand name must be on the façade.
- The store will be equipped with a complete set of store functionalities such as a denim wall for both men and women, a seasonal area, a community area, fitting rooms, a cash desk with an advanced system and secured internet connection, music updates and in-store branding devices.
- G-Star expects the retailer to be a qualified partner who operates in a responsible manner.
- WHAT ARE THE AVERAGE INVESTMENT COSTS FOR A G-STAR STORE?
The average investment for a G-Star store is between 1,600€-2,500€ per m² for furniture, materials and construction work. You will also be investing in the G-Star collection and the operational costs of the store.
- WILL I NEED TO BRING IN PERSONAL CAPITAL?
G-Star expects a new prospect to bring in at least 20% personal capital based on the overall investment for the G-Star store.
- WILL I RECEIVE SUPPORT FROM G-STAR?
Yes, G-Star will support you in the following ways:
- You will receive support regarding store design and a special opening package from headquarters.
- Operational support will be given after the opening via a Customer Support office (Local and HQ).
- You will receive 10 different seasonal windows and in-store VM plans, in line with the worldwide G-Star marketing calendar.
- G-Star HQ will exclusively provide Marketing and communication tools.
- And last but not least, G-Star will provide you with buying directions on key styles.
- WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR THE OPENING OF A G-STAR STORE?
A unique flagship concept of a modern denim store, implemented on a street location or a shopping mall has a lead-time of 4 to 6 months. The concept will be created by a team of professional designers and project management experts.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OPENING UP A G-STAR STORE?
- You will become an ambassador of the G-Star Brand.
- You will work with an attractive concept for a broad range of consumers.
- You will be able to benefit of the expertise of >350 open franchise stores around the world.
- You will be supported in your daily operational activities by a local customer support office.
- IS THERE A POSSIBILITY TO BUY G-STAR FOR MY MULTI BRAND STORE OR ONLINE SHOP?
Yes, if you are interested in buying the G-Star collection for your own Multi Brand store or online shop, please fill in the request form and mark the applicable category Multi Brand or E-commerce (online). We will get back to you as soon as possible.
- WHICH INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO BE EVALUATED FOR THE POSSIBLE OPENING OF A G-STAR STORE?
The following elements are mandatory:
- Your business resume /Curriculum vitae
- A business plan proposal
- A detailed motivation
- Information on available capital
- HOW DO I APPLY FOR A JOB AT G-STAR?
To apply for a job at G-Star please click here.
- WHERE CAN I FIND A G-STAR STORE IN MY REGION?
To find a G-Star store in your region please click here.
- HOW DO I BECOME A G-STAR MEMBER?
To find out how to become a G-Star Member, please click here.